- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 bananas (the more ripe they are the sweeter the ice cream will be)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (I don't measure...just dump some in)
- Prep ahead - Peel and roughly chop 3 bananas. Throw them in the freezer until frozen. Usually at least 4 hours. Put the can of coconut milk in the fridge.
- Once everything is chilled/frozen....scoop the coconut cream out of the can (the coconut cream and coconut water will have separated). I save the coconut water for my smoothies (great source of elecrolytes). Put everything in the food processor and process until smooth. Should only take a minute or so. You can serve and eat it now or throw it back in the freezer to harden a bit more. Note: a good blender might work as well although I haven't tried. You may have to add some liquid to it though.
- Eat as is or add your favourite (healthy) toppings. I like to add Mini Enjoy Life chocolate chips. Crushed pineapple and/or shredded coconut would be good too (it will take your mind back to that all-inclusive trip you've been missing).
Let me know if you try it!