- 1 - 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 of a large extra ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup honey or brown sugar
- optional: 4 drops pure peppermint essential oil
- optional: crushed candy cane to top once baked
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips of choice, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients besides chocolate chips into blender or food processor. Process or puree until ingredients form a smooth batter. If the batter is WAY too thick and won't process then add in a teaspoon or two of water. This batter needs to be very thick in order to produce fudgy brownies. Add in 1/3 cup chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of remaining chocolate chips. You can also fold in nuts or swirl in peanut butter. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean and top of the brownies begin to crack.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack then cut into 12 delicious squares.
TO MAKE VEGAN: Use vegan chocolate chip and sub a flax egg for the egg and egg whites.
These brownies are best once they have cooled. I actually prefer mine cold out of the fridge - they are amazing!
Hop on over to my Facebook page and let me know what you think of them!