This is one of Ashton's favourite snacks. I haven't tried out the chocolate popcorn (recipe below) but I'm thinking it has to be delicious! Great for when you have a chocolate craving.
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 medium brown paper bag (not a little lunch bag on and not a grocery one. A bag that is about inches wide is perfect.)
- Melted butter and salt or other seasonings to taste
Add the popcorn to the paper bag and fold the top over a time or two. Microwave on high until the popping has a one second gap in it, 1.5-2.5 minutes. Stop the microwave, dump the popped popcorn into a large bowl and season as desired.
* Be careful not to over microwave it. We do 1 min 45 seconds otherwise it will burn. But microwaves vary.
- 5-6 cups air popped popcorn (using the paper bag method/stovetop or instant package)
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 T dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 T coconut sugar
- pinch sea salt
- In a brown paperbag, dd 1/4 cup unpopped kernels and fold over 2-3 times. Cook in the microwave for 2.5 – 3 minutes, or until the kernels stop popping every second. Remove and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dutch processed cocoa, coconut sugar and sea salt and mix well.
- In a large paperbag or mixing bowl, add the popcorn and lightly spray with the coconut oil. Add the cocoa mixture over it and shake well until fully combined.