Nut and Seed Protein Bars
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (almonds, pecans or peanuts will also work)
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (or omit and double up the sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or your favourite nut or seed butter)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a square 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
2. Throw coconut, walnuts, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds into a large frying pan. Place over medium-low heat and stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat and place in a large mixing bowl with the ground flax seed, raisins and sea salt.
3. Add honey and peanut butter into the mixing bowl and mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Transfer mix into the pan and press down evenly. Take some time to really pack it in there. (If you don’t pack it down firmly enough, the bars will crumble.)
4. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cool, lift parchment paper out of the tin and slice into bars with a sharp knife. Enjoy!