I'm going to try to have these on hand more often, either in the fridge or freezer. Good for a quick (clean, whole food) meal or snack. So far I've only tried the toppings pictured above but I have some more topping ideas I plan to try out.
How to Make Sweet Potato Toast in the Oven
adapted from www.eatingbirdfood.com
- Wash your sweet potato.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Cut sweet potato lengthwise into thin slices, about 1/4″ thick.
- Coat sweet potato slices with a small amount of coconut oil. Season with salt and place on a baking sheet with a little room between each slice.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, flip slices over and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce the sweet potato. Don’t overcook or the sweet potato toast will become mushy.
- Remove from oven and top with your toppings of choice and enjoy.
- Freeze or refrigerate extras. Just pop under the broiler and top, for a quick snack or meal.
More Topping ideas:
- Apple, Peanut butter, Cinnamon and raisins
- Open-faced chicken sandwich (shredded chicken, green onion, lettuce with either mayo, veganaise or just avocado)
- Egg, tomato and avocado